Paris lights and the hunt for Korean food

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Last Sunday I was invited along to take our niece, Elly, back to college and go to a Korean restaurant in Paris. I of course accepted because I am all about seeing and doing new things here. James wasn't able to go since he had to work and I felt a bit guilty about going to have Korean food without him. It is his absolute favorite type of food on the planet!!! So having Korean food without him feels like I am cheating on him!

After dropping Elly off at school we headed into the city to find a Korean restaurant. This proved to be quite a difficult task as we were not able to find any that were open (due to it being New Year's Day). After driving around to two different ones that were closed we parked the car and started calling. I think that 14 different Korean restaurants in Paris were called and none of them were open. We thought by a stroke of luck that we came upon one and parked the car and went inside. It ended up being a Vietnamese restaurant and the food was really great!

While on the way into the city after making the stop at Elly's apartment we drove past the Arc de Triomphe and down the Champs-Elysées. I have visited these locations many times but this was my first time in a car. There is NO way I could drive in central Paris! However the sites were amazing. During the holiday season there are many Christmas markets in France. The one on Champs-Elysées seemed quite large. We didn't get out and walk around as it was raining and we had a mission of finding Korean food.

A shot of the Christmas market.


Some of the lights as we were driving by.

At the opposite end from where the Arc de Triomphe is located was a Ferris wheel all lit up. It was really beautiful and we could see it from far away.


June even drove all the way up to it so I could get this picture (I think it is one of my favorite pics in Paris that I have taken so far).


Two great things happened during this evening. I got to see the holiday display at night in Paris and I didn't cheat on my husband(with Korean food in case you missed that up above)!

So it has been decided, I need to spend an evening here next year during the holiday season and get a closer look. I know that it was very busy and likely many tourist but I would love to stroll down the famous avenue of Champs-Elysées and take it all in. Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment