Game Night

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Some of my favorite people in the world (The Jepsen's) got us some games for Christmas. Their intention was to give us games that didn't require much talking so that the language barrier that exists at times wouldn't be such a factor. The games that we got are Uno, Jenga, and Farkle.

We spent many nights during the week between Christmas and New Years putting these to good use! At the moment the favorite is a toss up between Jenga and Farkle! I appreciate this super kind gesture to give a gift that allows me to interact more since I am not really doing that during conversations or dinner in larger groups.

The competition got fierce at times. To say my family here in France (and MN for that matter) is competitive is an understatement!



In addition to these games we also played some Mario Kart on the Wii (which I am awful at) and a Dance game on the Xbox 360 Kinect (equally awful at this but so much fun to "battle" in a dance against a partner)! Emma and I have vowed to practice our dancing skills with this game and wow the competition during the next game night showdown! She also agreed to help me figure out how to do yoga on the Wii Fit as I think I would totally dig this and it falls into some of my 2012 goals.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys are enjoying the games. I'll have to send another Jenga so you can play super, mega Jenga-this is a Jepsen family fav especially after consuming fabulous vino!

    ReplyDelete