Goals for 2012

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Having dinner on New Year's Eve (NYE) we chatted about any goals we had for 2012. At the time of the discussion I couldn't come up with many, other than that I want to really improve in my ability to speak French.

After further reflection and thought over the last few days I have added to that list and hope to find ways to make them all happen.

1. Improve my French (well enough that at NYE dinner next year I can state my goals in French)
2. Meet people and make some friends here in France
3. Spend a few minutes each day to do some meditation/intentional reflection
4. Find a studio to practice yoga or develop my practice at home (with DVD's, free online classes, etc)
5. Budget well enough or find additional sources of income to ensure that I can visit MN a minimum of once a year (with an extra amount set aside for any big events that may be coming-weddings, babies, big birthdays, etc)
6. Make plans to visit other parts of France and Europe (with a minimum of 1 trip a year)
7. Improve my running ability and increase the distance I am able to run
8. Continue to make time to connect with family and friends in the states (as things get busy and time zones play a role, this often gets difficult)
9. Have date nights/days/mornings with my husband (intentional time set aside to connect with each other, especially when our schedules don't match up much)
10. Spend more time doing the things I love (updating the blog, sewing, knitting, photography, etc)

I know that 10 things may seem a bit lofty to attain but I really feel all of them are important in their own way. I welcome any feedback from all you if you have ideas or tools to help me reach these goals! If not your cheerleader skills are always appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment