Talent, Paris is overflowing with it

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I was talking to coworkers yesterday about people being talented. Some of the students I teach are fashion designers, artists and actors. It got me thinking that when someone is described as having talent, in my brain, it means that they are good at art, music, writing, acting, or something considered artistic. At times, I have also heard the word "talented" used to describe a really good athlete. So using those definitions of talent I have almost zero. I know people (friends and family members) who have LOTS of talent. So are we born with talent? Once we discover our ability in something does it flow into the other areas and those then become talents too? Is talent defined the same for others as it is for me?


Paris has no shortage of talented people. There are artists and musicians everywhere! Here are a few things I have seen in recent weeks that strongly illustrate this.

Spray paint artwork on a metro train, pretty amazing in my opinion

Someone singing and playing the piano on the street outside of a shopping area

This takes sidewalk chalk art to a WHOLE new level!
So to all of my talents friends, how do you think this works? Did you always know you had talent or was it something you discovered later in life? Maybe I have yet to discover what my talent is! Just in case though, if you have a little extra talent laying around to spare feel free to share some with me. It would make me feel a whole lot better walking around Paris with all of these talented people everywhere!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the chalk art work. Wish I was there to see it in person. It looks like the weather is gorgeous over there. I am doing this anonymous because I don't know how else to do it. Hope you will be able to read this comment. When I got back home people asked me if I would go back to Paris and at first I said no way, it was way to much of a culture shock for this old woman. Now that I have had a few days to process everything and explained (over and over again) to coworkers and family what it was like over in Paris; I think I would like to plan another trip in a couple of years. I would then hopefully know some french and would feel more like I fit in. I would also know what to wear (boots with jeans tucked in) or maybe shorts with tights (Ha! Ha!). I have spent the whole day reading all of your blogs starting from the beginning. WOW!!! I guess not the whole time because I'm washing and hanging out laundry. Tell James and Maelle Hi for me and also tell James I enjoyed every minute he spent with us explaining things. You too. Love your aunt Deb.

    ReplyDelete