Memorial Weekend on this side of the pond

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial weekend has always been the kick off to summer in my mind. There has always been somewhat of a tradition to spend this weekend with family at the lake. We always hope for good weather to allow us to be out on the water and more times than not, are stuck finding things to do inside because it is raining! So it is a bit strange to be on this side of the pond where it is also a holiday weekend (Lundi de PentecĂ´te) but is not being spent in the same way.

James is gone this weekend playing in a tournament with friends (like 5-6 hours from home). It was strange to sleep in the apartment without him last night. It may seem silly that he has only been gone one night but I still miss him! It was a beautiful day here today, sunny and hot!  I wanted to spend my day with a balance of being productive and relaxing. I think it was accomplished!

I woke up and went for a run before it got REALLY warm out. Then headed to the bank and walked around the city center for a bit.

The rest of the day was spent doing the following...

My peeps in the States, never take a dryer for granted. It would be a luxury for me at this point!

Watching one of my fav, on the computer because the DVD players here do not play DVDs from the States

Had to replenish the cookie supply for the freezer, sent all of them with the Hubs for the guys to eat! He thought it was strange that I suggested he take them. I told him that where I come from, it's a common practice for the guys to bring some goodies that their fabulous wives have made :)

French homework...trying hard to get this language. It is SO much more difficult than in the movies (like Eat Pray Love)

Kindle, sunshine, and balcony. I don't know how I would survive without my Kindle. Buying books in English in foreign countries is difficult and expensive!
I have big hopes that tomorrow will be as great! I hope you all are enjoying your Memorial Weekend! May it include sunshine, BBQ's, laughs, remembering those we have lost, and appreciation to all those who serve in the Armed Forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment