Angelina's hot chocolate

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

For two weeks I was lucky enough to have my Mom, aunt, and cousin here in France for a visit. It was truly amazing to get to spend time with them and do some of the sightseeing with them. One of the stops that we made (that was a 1st for me) was to Angelina's. I was told by a student that I teach that they are famous for their hot chocolate (on the menu it is "The hot chocolate l’Africain").

This location in Paris was established in 1903 and has a strong history of being a luxury tearoom. Coco Chanel  was one of the well known frequent guests and they must be doing something right to be around for over a 100+ years! It is located right next to the Tuileries Gardens and not far from the Louvre (after we had made our visit I also discovered that there is a location on the grounds of Chateau Versailles as well). 

So after spending the day dealing with rainy weather we made our way over to Angelina's to indulge and weigh in on the hot chocolate.


Hot Chocolate and whipped cream=whoa!

The hot chocolate was like none other that I have had before. It is served with whipped cream and was so rich. It was very delicious but could be served in shot glasses as a little bit goes a LONG way. In addition to the hot chocolate we ordered pastries, since it was unknown to us at the time of ordering that it would be so sweet and could totally stand on it's own.

Can you see how thick this is?
Here are a few of the desserts we ordered...

Fraise (like a fancy version of strawberry shortcake)



Saint Honoré (Puff pastry with caramel and cream)


Mom and I, still looking semi cute after braving the rain!



Deb and Jess enjoying our time at Angelina's


Despite leaving on a sugar high it was a fun experience. It has a great ambiance and makes you feel a bit fancy! I would recommend a stop here for anyone wandering around Paris, just be warned that you could share 1 hot chocolate, not order any additional sweet things, or be ready for some serious sugar intake!

I will try to share more of my adventures of their time in France soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment