The Lynn project

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Lynn project was launch the end of the summer in 2008, with a more official take off the end of January 2009. The year or so prior to this had handed me many life challenges and changes. I don't think that there was one singular event that started things in motion but more like a handful of things. I started making conscious decisions to put effort into the things I had control over and let go of the things that I didn't. I started doing yoga, took a meditation class, put energy into better nutrition, joined a gym,  got a personal trainer, started doing pilates, started traveling more and exploring hobbies. Now this may sound like no big deal to a healthy and active person, but for me it was a series of small big steps towards putting myself as a priority. These are things that I rarely did, let alone all together and on a consistent basis.

It was interesting that the more energy I put into myself the less I worried about "the other stuff." Now you may be curious what "the other stuff" was for me. To sum it up, I have a great career and amazing family/friends but as a thirty-something, single and childless, you start to feel the pressure. I have done my fair share of dating but as all of the single ladies can attest, it is A LOT of work. I seriously think it should be considered a second job. So I decided to change my second job to one that would have much greater success and outcomes that I could control (remember from an earlier post I kinda like control).

So how does the old saying go, something like "they will find you when you least expect it?!" This could not be more true for me. You see putting ALL of my free time into myself I wasn't looking for "the one" anymore. I was able to shift my perspective and recognize how great of a life I had and I really  found myself saying things like, "I don't have time to date. Someone is going to have to be REALLY fantastic to have a place in my busy and full life. I am not looking anymore, they can find me." Low and behold this stuff really works, James found me (again)!!!

The project doesn't end here. As James has been back in my life I continue to do the things I set out to do. Now in addition to my amazing friends and family,  I have a really handsome cheerleader that is sharing in my successes and encouraging me on the days I need it.  I still have goals that I am striving for and will achieve. "Thank you to ALL of my cheerleaders", and to the handsome one with a sexy French accent "thank you for loving me as Lynn as I strive for Marilyn".

(Side note: In explaining to James one of my goals I told him that I wanted to be "fit yet curvy" and I used Marilyn Monroe to illustrate that)

P.S. 80 days to Paris


1 comment:

  1. I was told that the comment part of the blog was not working properly...just thought I would post something to see if it works. ~L

    ReplyDelete