French bread and french wine...

Friday, November 13, 2009


I am pretty sure a girl could live off of those! Last time I was in France I had memorable experiences with both and to this day others remind me of the stories. While having dinner one night with the family I was "given the honor" of opening the bottle of wine. Let's just say that didn't go so well. See the French are professionals at opening wine, therefore they do not need any fancypants wine bottle openers. In my attempt to open the wine the cork decided to break into little pieces and stay in the bottle. SUPER proud moment for sure! This pictures is one that I sent to James after my trip and he still has it to this day. Thank God I looked cute while illustrating my lack of skills in the department of wine!

We have had no less than 3 conversations about this specific event of my last trip. One new piece of information is very reassuring to me, according to James, it is usually the man's job to open the wine. Score: Lynn=1, future embarrassment of opening wine=0.
Onto the second basic food group in France, the bread! I swear to you that I could live off of it. It is appealing to me that this seems to be available at every corner bakery. I do not know what the magic is in the way they bake bread but it does not exist in the states. Upon returning to the states I think we tried every version of french bread in a 50 mile radius and NONE of them came close. So while talking about sending little gifts to each other or the upcoming holidays, James asked me what I would like. My response, "french bread." Now if there was an economical way to make that happen and it would arrive tasting as fresh as it does there, I would be one happy girl. Until that magically day happens, I will have to just dream about partaking in this during the next trip.

Paris=87 days and counting

2 comments:

  1. I love this story! The ones that keep coming up and up over the years! It is so sweet how much he helps you with the culture differences. Love the picture too! You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete