I speak French...

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Well that is a big fat lie!!! French is a beautiful language but one that is VERY challenging for me to be learning at this point in life. Many people say that it is close to Spanish and Italian, well that's great but I don't speak those either. Maybe the universe should have helped me out back in 9th grade and I would have learned Spanish instead of German. I mean no offense to German but it is not really helping me out with my international love affair with a man in France.

During many conversations with James he points out an English word that is French in origin, like souvenir or bizarre. This morning when we somehow got to talking about food he was telling me that snails are pretty good. To which I replied, "isn't the word escargot?" "Yes, that's it!" That's right folks, my french vocabulary is now at 3! Ok, maybe that is an exaggeration. I have been learning some french from a really great tutor (aka James). With the help of him, the books I have borrowed from friends, and a set of cds titled "learn conversational french in 10 days" I should have a few more words in my vocabulary by February. At least I have got the important ones down...je t'aime (I love you) and gros bisous (big kisses)!

P.S. 88 days to Paris...



No comments:

Post a Comment