Bank account and crepes

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Over the weekend a big event happened...I opened a bank account in France! Headline news right?! It wasn't an experience that is anything like that of the bank service I am used to in the states. However, it is almost a done deal (I have to bring them one more piece of paper) and then everyone is welcome to wire money into my French bank account (almost as cool as saying I have a Swiss bank account, isn't that what all of the movies refer to?).

After spending WAY too much time at the bank we went to lunch at a cute little place in Chartres.
If the name doesn't give it away, they specialize in crepes and salads. They have every kind of crepe one could imagine. James ordered the most interesting one of the three of us. In addition to some other ingredients it included duck.
After having our main crepes James and Maëlle ordered dessert crepes. It is a shame that I didn't take a picture of those because they looked (and according to them tasted) amazing! It was a cozy place to have lunch on a rainy day and my lunch dates were adorable!
I am adding this little restaurant to my list of places to return. I think next time we can skip right to the dessert options on the menu! Anyone care to join me here?
So I am pretty sure that opening a bank account in France makes me 1 step closer to being "official" here. If that isn't enough then my scheduled appointment at the immigration office tomorrow afternoon should be the ticket. As many of you know I have a slight aversion to the paperwork and bureaucracy that I have experienced thus far with France. Maybe tomorrow will change our relationship and I will be BFF's with them. However, until then I welcome all and any good vibes that you can send my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment