The Christmas Season

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It was a bit difficult to feel like it was Christmas here in France since the weather is much different from the Christmas weather I am used to. There has been no snow yet this winter and the temperatures have been pretty mild (warm enough that I was outside running on the morning of Christmas Eve, so strange)!

Despite the weather not getting me into the holiday groove there were Christmas decorations all around and I made sure we put up a Christmas tree at the house.

The Christmas lights were on at the train station. I was pretty impressed by that (it doesn't take much these days)!



The trees were for sale at the stores (and look at the base, so ingenious! I think we should do that in the states, or maybe we already do and I am just out of the real Christmas tree loop).

There were Christmas trees in most of the offices that I visited over the last few weeks for work. It was fun to see how simple or fancy the trees were decorated. Here are a few of them.



Now those trees may be pretty but they don't have anything on this one we did at home!

It was great that the girls were willing to humor me for an evening and put the tree and decorations up!


I didn't notice light displays as grand as I see back home but this was a fun little sight to see walking home at night, our friendly neighborhood reindeer.

James and I passed Santa a few times when we were out shopping. I commented to him that Santa looks a bit skinny here in France. I am not sure how that is possible with all of the amazing desserts here. However, I suggested that Santa remedy that situation while he is in the states making his deliveries as I know for sure that there is a large supply of goodies in a few homes there (my mom's for one)!!



And just in case we needed a reminder, our home is represented by more than one country this holiday season.

I will be back tomorrow (hopefully) to give the run down of what my first Christmas in France was like!

No comments:

Post a Comment