Merry Christmas

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas to all of my family and friends on the other side of the pond! We will be leaving shortly to head to my father-in-law's for a Christmas Eve celebration. First stop is church and then on to his home. James has a very large family and I have had the opportunity to meet many of them. I met a large group of them at a holiday gathering this past spring but there are still some I haven't meet in person. This evening the family in attendance will consist of 50+ people, a bit intimidating (then add in the communicating in French factor, and it becomes even more intimidating)! I am excited to experience a French Christmas. I have heard about what types of items are on the menu, all very different from the traditional Christmas Eve and Christmas Day food I am used to back in MN. It is tradition in James' family to stay up very late, talking, eating, drinking and playing games and then spending the night at his father's house. I hope I can keep up a little bit with conversation and participate more than smiling and nodding my head! Wish me luck!!

I miss my family back in MN very much! I will be there in spirit! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, enjoy the food, being surrounded by love, and lots of laughs (and have safe travels)!

1 comment:

  1. Cute card Lynn-I used the same card for our Christmas Card.It will be arriving to you soon. Just waiting to get some copies of other pictures for you to send it all together!

    ReplyDelete