365 days as Madame Léger

Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary James!

One year ago today I married my amazing husband! Wow, that is a bit crazy to write considering all that has happened in our life this past year. The day of our wedding was almost perfect (only missing some family members from afar)! I woke the morning of our wedding and had a calm about me. I remember being a bit surprised by this as I have attended many weddings (and been intimately involved in many as well) and it often seemed that there were more nerves and anxiety present. The morning was spent with some of my favorite people in the world, getting pampered and made beautiful. It was relaxing and wonderful. Since it was an evening wedding there was no rush felt during the day and things just seemed easy. The only minor glitch was when I went to leave the hotel and walk over to the ceremony and I got stuck in the elevator. Thankfully I had one of my best friends with me who reacted enough for both of us and made it very clear that there was a bride in the elevator on her way to her wedding. I remember once I arrived and saw James he laughed and said, "I wasn't worried, the wedding wasn't going to start without you!"

The ceremony was intimate, dinner was delicious and the desserts and dancing were fantastic. I know I have a biased opinion but it really was perfect! The day went by way too fast, don't all couples say that looking back on their wedding?
 
A year ago we didn't know how long we would have to wait for paperwork to be complete and allow me to move to France.  James had to return to France 4 days after our wedding and we didn't know when we would see each other again. I think back to that and I am really proud of how strong we were to make it through all of this. Sometimes I am impatient and feel like things are not happening fast enough for us. I have to remind myself of all that we have accomplished and try and be patient. 

James and I haven't completely decided what we are doing today to celebrate but I have a few things up my sleeve. I can't tell you yet because he may just read the blog and I want to surprise him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment