Christmas Part 2

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas morning we woke up and headed towards home. A few days before Christmas, James and I had talked about what we wanted to do for a meal on Christmas and he suggested that we just grab something on the way home. I asked about the likelihood that stores would be open since it was Christmas and a Sunday. I shared that in the US very few places are opened besides gas stations. He thought for sure things would be open until noon (I will let you all guess how that one turned out).

We arrived home and got ready to open gifts by each taking a spot next to our stack of gifts.

Maelle with her gifts, just a little bit excited

James and his gifts

We took turns opening gifts and felt truly blessed by all of the wonderful thoughtful things we received. My family is nothing short of amazing and so many of them sent things for us to open to feel a bit closer to them this Christmas.

Here is a sampling of some of the wonderful things we received...


Monster High doll

Good old American Levi's and Polo Sweater

He loves beef jerky and it is not available in France, needless to say he is excited about this supply

Bead making kit
Bangle bracelet kit

Friendship bracelet kit (this girl could open a jewelry store after making all of these bracelets)

Loving his new sports jacket to look good at the gym

Contemplating what this gift could be

Thumbs up for Budweiser BBQ sauce (Budweiser is his fav American beer)

Stylish new hat and Coach wristlet (with a new Coach purse that was opened later)

Stocked up on hair supplies

New slippers

New tie blanket made with love


After opening gifts we had lunch and relaxed. Then in the late afternoon we got to skype with my family back in MN as they all opened their gifts together on Christmas morning. It was as close as I could get to physically being there and it was awesome to be a part of it even 4000 miles away.

I enjoyed having a relaxing Christmas day at home but did miss being with my family in person and having those homemade waffles at my Grandma's house for Christmas brunch. My brothers and nephews ensured me that they would eat some for James, Maelle, and I.




Thank you to everyone who made our Christmas special. We love all of the gifts, Christmas cards in the mail, emails, text, and viber notes received.

No comments:

Post a Comment