Date Night with the Husband

Wednesday, November 30, 2011


This past weekend was a great one as I got to spend it alone with James. It may seem strange that this is a big deal but while we are still staying with family, alone time is hot commodity.

There was no big event over the weekend but all of the little things we did together were great. One evening we made dinner together and James thought it was time that I try escargot (snails). A common Christmas meal here in France includes escargot, salmon, oysters, and other seafood. So he thought it would be nice for me to try the escargot before the big family Christmas gathering (I thought one of the foods he had me try last spring was snails, it wasn’t). So we made dinner and for the appetizer had escargot and wine.   

The escargot with some herbs and butter

The wine portion of the evening


Oysters and escargot (neither of which I have tried) are some of James’ favorite foods. So while he would be happy that I find them tasty he is equally happy if I don’t as that means more for him.

Can you tell he is happy to be eating them?

I gave the escargot a try but before doing so made sure that he wasn’t going to be totally offended if I ended up spitting it out. He said, “no, just go for it!”

Proof that I tried them

While I didn’t find them disgusting, I am not really sure what the hype is all about. I mean when I hear someone say that are having escargot it sounds like a big fancy deal (remember the Pretty Woman scene?)!  James said that these were just average ones and wait until I try some REALLY good ones. Okay, I guess I will try some "really good ones" sometime down the line. Until then I am fine with him eating them all and I will just drink the wine!

I think I will stick with the wine, it's always good

No comments:

Post a Comment