Fall in France

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Living in MN most of my life it was easy to take for granted that we have 4 distinct seasons of weather during the year. It isn't hard to remember that winter exists but often times it feels like we skip over autumn and smack right into cold, snowy winter.

Fall has always been my favorite season of the year. I love the trees as they change into glorious colors, the excitement of kids going back to school, seeing the kids in the Halloween costumes, football season and watching the games with friends or family on a Sunday afternoon. In all of my visits to France, I have never been here during autumn. Prior to the move here, whenever we talked about the weather differences, James often talked about how much I am going to love winter here since it is so mild compared to a MN winter. I had inquired about autumn and he assured me that they have weather similar to MN. I can officially say that he was right and it is currently fall in France. It doesn't have all of the elements that I love about a MN fall but it is pretty close.

James and I took a walk around the city one day last week and captured some of the beautiful signs of fall.




On a side note...In a conversation one day about the blog, he thought it would be important to show more pictures of us. He joked that maybe someone needs to know that I am really taking the pictures that I post on the blog and that I don't take them from other sources or fabricate anything. So for good measure we have been trying to take more pictures of us in them. So for all of you who need "proof" or just want to see pictures of my hot husband and I, enjoy the following.


One last thing...I never realized how BIG of a deal Halloween is in the US until seeing the stark contract of what Halloween is like in France. The last month when we had been out shopping it was rare to see costumes or displays of Halloween decor and candy. So when Halloween night arrived this week I wasn't expecting to see any signs. I was surprised to see a handful of children out trick or treating (and by handful I mean like 5 of them)! During the entire Halloween evening we had ONE trick-or-treater come to our door, no joke! So that lucky little ghost with a pitchfork had to have their picture taken so that I could share it with all of you!
Elly giving treats to our ONE trick or treater of the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment