Super-duper fabulous Sunday

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sunday ended up being a spontaneous date day with my handsome husband! It seems that our schedules don't match up much at all during the week so it was extra special to get to spend a whole day with him doing random fun stuff.

First we went to the flower store. It was wonderful! It felt like spring has already arrived here in France with all of the flowers out already.  Being surround by flowers and gardening really makes me think of my Mom as she loves her flower gardens and spends large amounts of time showcasing all of the beauty. I had to take some pictures and a video to share with her and rub it in just a little that planting season is near here.


Some of the flowers and citron plants. So fun to see as those are not common in MN


After the flower shop we went to a few other stores and did a bit of window shopping. Then we ended up walking into the city center to a cute bakery cafe. We had amazing cappuccinos...
Cappuccino with chantilly (French for whipped cream)


 ...and dessert. Only one of those desserts was mine, any guess on which one?

This was the winner for me

 I did get to taste the others thanks to my hubby who was willing to share a bite and I was still happy I chose mine (but the strawberry tart was a really close 2nd). We were joking about some of them not being that great and how French that is of me to be able to claim some of the French pastries are sub-par! I consider it research so that when all of my friends and family come to visit I can steer them in the right direction!


After spending some time at the cafe we didn't want the evening to end so we decided to go have a drink at another restaurant. This drink turned into hours of talking and laughing and really connecting with each other.  We ended up sharing a little something for dinner and then headed home.


It's amazing how the unplanned days can turn into such big memories. I look forward to many more of these days!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved the photos of the flowers & fruit and wishing either I was there or having some of those in my garden to enjoy right now. Soon I'll be able to enjoy them in person!!! 42 days and I'll be in Paris to see my lovely daughter & son-in-law, and grand-daughter Maelle.
    I'm so excited. thanks for thinking of me when you saw those flowers, love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete