It's the little things

Thursday, February 9, 2012

In addition to all of the birthday notes on facebook, emails and viber texts, I was so excited to be able to skype with some of my family and friends on my birthday. It gave me an opportunity to also thank them for the wonderful gifts that they sent across the pond for me. It's amazing how the little things that people know about you really shine at times like these. Take a look at some of the amazing things I received, it really illustrates how well my family and friends know me!

1. Magazines!!! It is something I really miss about being in the states. I used to spend lazy days catching up on the latest styles and recipes. I could always count on getting my Hollywood news fix from People magazine at my parent's house. James asked me if I was going to read them on Sunday and I told him I felt like I needed to keep them for a special day since I could easily devour reading them in 1 afternoon.

2. Diva Curl hair products! If anyone has curly hair this product line is one of my favorite. It just happens to be a bonus that I have a fantastic hook-up in the hair world who knew these would be perfect for me.

3. Lia Sophia jewelry! When I lived in MN I was a consultant for this company. I had a lot of fun acquiring so many awesome pieces of jewelry and made lifelong friends in the process. It's only fitting that one of my BFFs attempts to improve my glam factor!!

4. This little pouch was a special request I made of the sewing extraordinaire, Molly! I saw this idea on Pinterest and the pouch was used for headphones. I had shared this pin with her and to no surprise she made it happen! I LOVE IT!

5. Gift cards to ITunes and Amazon for Kindle books (I also received a Amazon gift card via email, double bonus)!!! As I have mentioned before my Kindle is a serious lifesaver here and I read books all of the time. So now I get to pick a few more out and pass the time on the train! ITunes is always a great idea, especially when I want to stay in the loop with music of all of my favorites!

6. Fancy earrings! This are great and it will help me stay in the running with all of the Parisian woman who looked dressed up on most days (earrings is where it is at for me since I can't seem to figure out how to walk around in heels all day in the city)!

7. These earrings(also Lia Sophia) are from a sweet friend who owned them and I borrowed them on my first trip to Paris to see James years ago. She remembered this and thought it was fitting that I have a pair of my own, so thoughtful!

8. A swiss cake roll! This brings me WAY back! My brothers and I used to have these treats when we were kids. For some reason we figured out that microwaving them for 20-30 seconds made them even more delicious. Seriously, give it a try! Thank you for this small but very significant gift that makes me feel a little closer to home and you guys!

9. OPI nail polish! I loved getting mani/pedi's back home and had a fantastic salon that where I was a loyal customer. Since being in France I have not had a "professional" mani/pedi. Therefore I have been doing my own nails (and a pretty good job at it too). I am so excited to have a few more colors to add to my collection. However, by no means does this mean that I am not looking forward to being pampered back in MN the first chance I get!

Thank you doesn't seem like enough since all of these things fill my heart with gratitude but it was fantastic to have so many things that I love from the people I love!!  Feeling lucky and blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment