A rollercoaster week

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Last week was emotional for me! James went to the hospital for the scheduled back surgery on Monday. Things didn't go exactly according to plan as he ended up having to go into surgery twice and stay a few days longer than initially planned. During this time I was miserable! I hated that I could not be there by his side to reassure him, comfort him, and keep him company. The phone calls and messages just didn't seem like enough. I shed more than a few tears knowing that his discharge date was delayed and he may not be home in time for Christmas. This was more than I could handle, because really NO ONE deserves to be alone or stuck in a hospital on Christmas.

In the midst of all of this THE package arrived in MN from France (and with 2 days to spare). We set a "date" of opening gifts together on Skype on Christmas Eve. This didn't happen as he was told he would spend another day in the hospital. He suggested I go ahead and open my gifts anyways to which I replied, "UH NO, I am waiting for you to be home!"

So the BEST Christmas present I got from France this year was him arriving home on Christmas afternoon. It was SO great to see his face again while talking with him. Six days was just WAY too long! We opened gifts together and it was fantastic to see the smile on his face!! I had sent him a few different gifts but the main gift was a watch. Not just any watch but a watch that has two watches built into one; Dual time zones, one set to France time and one set to Central Standard time in the US!! He loved it, which brought me GREAT joy!!

I was SPOILED and received perfume and a necklace. Both of which are wonderful! The necklace is a representation of James' heart. So now his heart is as close to mine as it can be until I get to France.

Just in case Santa hasn't hit the Caribbean yet, I have one more Christmas wish...that this is the ONLY Christmas I have to spend apart from James!!!

P.S. 41 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment