I know, can you believe it?

Monday, December 14, 2009

Over the years of being single I often encountered THE question that went something like this..."Are you dating anyone?" or "Do you have a boyfriend?" To which I would reply "no." On many occasions this was followed up with "really, you don't, why not?" Gee, I don't know, haven't found anyone fabulous enough to spend my time with!!!" So after one too many conversations of this sort, a dear friend Jen and I were talking about how exactly do you respond to these questions. The fantastic response that we came up with goes like this "Do you have a boyfriend?--No.--You don't?--I know!!! Can you believe IT?!" You see, you are just as shocked as them, that someone hasn't realized how amazing and fabulous you are and swept you off your feet yet. This seems like the BEST possible response and worked for me for months.

Then as James entered back into my life, Jen stated that I will no longer have a use for "our phrase" to which I was pretty excited about. As James and I have started building our relationship and when I am sharing our story with others I often get responses of awe and amazement. Most people say things like "it's a fairy tale and every girls dream!" So now when these comments get made I can still respond with "I know!! Can you believe it?!

So to all the single ladies I highly recommended using the phrase. Because seriously, being single does not mean that there is something wrong with you, but the exact opposite. You are waiting to find "the one" that you want to talk to for hours and are excited to see every chance you get. No need to settle for anything less because when the perfect one appears you will be able to say "I know! Can you believe it?!"

p.s. 56 days to Paris

2 comments:

  1. Oh Breezy....Love ya girl! Stacey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this one! It is so sweet that you and James make the most out of your "waiting time." A holiday toast..... to your first holiday together and many more in person holiday traditions for you guys in the future!

    ReplyDelete