The excitement of Christmas

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa's elves finally arrived on my behalf in France this last week. The package of gifts that I had mailed to James arrived safely. I tease him that I think the French mail system includes frequent stops at the bakery for goodies and coffee since it seems to take FOREVER for things to get there. In reality, it takes about a week, give or take a few days. But let's be real here folks, I am a tapped out when it comes to waiting for things. Waiting to see him in person, waiting to give him a hug, to have a conversation that does not include skype...the list is ENDLESS.  So if I am fresh out of my "waiting skills" I think I have good reason.

In true little kid fashion I told him he could open a gift early. So while he sits at the hospital awaiting surgery in the morning he is wearing a MN Vikings Jersey. That makes me smile! If I can be so excited to see him open gifts from this far away, imagine the joy of being able to do that in person? It will be A-mazing! If the elves stationed in France are on schedule, I will have a package to open on Christmas as well. I can't wait to see what he chose for my gift. I am sure that whatever it is, it will be perfect. So in the mix of all of the holiday festivities, I will be spending some time on skype opening gifts with James for our first Christmas together. Unless of course I can figure out how to jump in Santa's sleigh and be in France on Christmas morning; I hear he has a weak spot for cookies and milk!

PS 48 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment