Paris in the Fall

Friday, November 15, 2013

Recently I had a day off during the week. I made the decision to spend the day walking around the city and exploring instead of the list of things that I could do at home (laundry, prep for classes, clean, etc). I am trying to be better at taking time for myself and take advantage of the little things that are at my disposal. I know that we won't be in France forever so I am sure when I look back on this time I am not going to regret the days that I made the decision to wander around Paris and soak it all in. I think you would agree, right?!

So if you'd like to join me for a walk around the city on this Friday afternoon, please do. We'll start with a walk along the Seine River. See the Eiffel Tower peaking through the trees!
The colors along the river are so vibrant.
 There are many dinner boat cruise options to consider.
 The Tuileries are a perfect place to spend some time soaking in the sunshine and crisp fall air.
The Louvre is grand and amazing any time of year but the colors of the Louvre against the blue sky and colorful trees is extra magical.
 This group of ladies make me smile from ear to ear. They know how to enjoy life!!! I want to spend my afternoons in Paris, with friends, and soaking in the sun, anyone want to join me?
 In addition to some amazing fall colors, the Tuileries have a fun art installation going on.

 A walk past Notre Dame is good for the soul.
 This park has beautiful mums adding some fall cheer.
 My last stop of the afternoon was Shakespeare and Company. This is a famous landmark bookstore in Paris and it was my 1st visit. I didn't go looking for it intentionally but stumbled upon it. It's a great story as to how it started out, you can read about it here.

And I know it isn't very Parisian but it was VERY exciting that Starbucks of Paris had PSL on the menu! Just a little familiarity and comfort from home to end this great day!

Happy Friday and Bon week-end mes amis!


No comments:

Post a Comment