Change of plans and a Sunday stroll

Monday, January 7, 2013

So, as I mentioned in the previous post, the plan was to go to Lyon this past weekend for a wedding. That didn't happen! On Friday afternoon, while I was still at work, James text me to tell me that the wipers in the car completely stopped working. This is a significant problem prior to a 6 hour drive (one way) in a country that is rainy all-of-the-time in the winter!

 He tried to find a solution to have this fixed quickly but it was not possible. So, a few phone calls were made to family to notify them of this unfortunate event, we unpacked our fancy, ironed clothes and spent the weekend at home.

We made the best of the weekend and celebrated the "Galette des Rois." (My first experience with King's Cake was documented here last year).


Audray was crowned the queen by finding the figurine in her piece of the cake.
Queen for the day

The prized figurine
That resulted in these sad faces.

Sad non-royalty members of the family


 James and I enjoyed a long walk in the city on Sunday afternoon. He allowed me to look like a tourist while I took some pictures (I would like to explore photography a bit more this year).

Here are some of the (random) pictures of that afternoon stroll.

Fun book tree at the local bookstore

The "fancy" hotel with fun outside decor

Citrus wagon, who wouldn't want one of these?
I can picture a few lil boys that would have fun with this

The cathedral is being cleaned, you can see the area that has been done in contrast to the area that hasn't

My cute "prisoner" for the afternoon

An area we have walked by many times but never noticed this bell until today

One of the garden areas of the cathedral

My obsession with doors continues...



Isn't this the classic style of lights we see in all movies shot in Paris?

A colorful window display of soda


No comments:

Post a Comment