Play me I'm yours

Monday, July 9, 2012

Walking around the city the last few weeks I have seen a few of these...

Piano at Montparnasse Train Station
Each time I walked past one of the pianos there were always people playing them. It never failed that the people playing had some mad skills! No chopsticks to be found (nothing wrong with chopsticks, that is the level of my piano skills). 

I decided to do a little research to get the back story on these pianos. I found out that the pianos are artwork by a British artist (Luke Jerram) and have been touring internationally since 2008. In total there were 40 pianos placed in different locations in Paris for 2 weeks. The purpose is to encourage people to share their love of music. After the 2 week period of time the pianos are lent to local non-profits until the next edition of "Play me, I'm yours Paris" in 2013.

Really cool idea, don't you think? Would you be brave enough to sit down and play?

I look forward to paying closer attention to the "Play me, I'm yours" next year. I think it may be ambitious to see all 40 pianos but I will definitely be on the lookout! 

2 comments:

  1. Would love to share that with my wife.
    Good thing you are:-)
    Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to hunt down the pianos together next year! Love you tiab!

      Delete