I am finally "home"

Monday, February 8, 2010

This blog entry comes to you from FRANCE, woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were a few minor glitches to the travel here. 1. My luggage exceed the 50 lb maximum. I thought for sure that I had read that for international travel you could have 75 lbs, not the case (so insert an absurd fee). 2. The lovely staff of Delta airlines somehow broke the wheel on my (heavy) suitcase. Thanks much Delta!!! Thankfully there was an amazing man with a huge smile to greet me!

After a great lunch together, we spent yesterday afternoon visiting June and the children at their home. It was great to see them all again. Then home to hangout, drink some wine and have some dinner!
This morning was perfect! I watched Julie and Julia while James went to the bakery to get French bread!! There is nothing quite like sharing coffee and french bread in France with the person you love. As I may have mentioned before, Korean food is James' favorite. He has been teasing me for months that to fully pass the test I would need to be able to cook Korean food. I am happy to report that I passed the test!! My first official Korean meal of bulgogi and it turned out GREAT!

The last 24 hours have been pretty emotional (insert happy tears). After the inital nervousness of seeing him subsided, it has quickly felt like I have been with him my entire life. One of my dear friends put it best, It feels like coming home! I think my heart and soul have always known that this is where I needed to be to truly come alive. All of the laughs we have shared, the electricity I feel sitting next to him, having him hold me, kiss me, and the smiles that seem to be permanently on both of our faces; I know that this is just the beginning of an amazing life with each other.

Tomorrow we are off to London for a few days before returning to Paris. I have no doubt that this will be a great trip!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer Sanneman /EllieFebruary 9, 2010 at 5:55 AM

    I am at work sneaking out between patients to read your blog and now I have tears running down my face. They are tears of happiness. I have prayed so hard for both of you to find love and happiness. Now I have to go back and try to work on my patient with puffy red eyes...LOL

    ReplyDelete