Arrival in London

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This evening we are in London, sitting in the home of a lifelong friend of James and enjoying the company of him and his family. This required that we wake early to navigate the train and subway in France as well as the Eurostar, subway, and train in London. Traveling with him is fun, easy, and priceless. We were fortunate enough to be invited to travel first class on the Eurostar which was a great surprise and luxury. Upon arrival in London it was a bit strange to so quickly be back in a city where English is the primary language. I was able to ask for information and clarification and understand the response which was helpful since both of us were tired and would have loved a nap. To contribute to this, my sleep schedule has not adjusted as well as it has in the past when jumping so many time zones. I think part of me doesn't want to miss one single second of my time with James and the excitement of being next to him. The lack of sleep showed up in tears this morning when the alarm went off at 6a.m. to get up and ready for the trip (I had been awake for 3 hours already). As the song "True Companion" was playing this morning and I was laying in James' arms I started to cry. My response to why was "I don't want to leave." To which he replied with some confusion, "to London?" I said "never, I can't even imagine having to leave you." Knowing that we have both agreed to try and not focus on the end of our time together during this trip, he did what he could and made me laugh by stating "don't cry because you need to go shower, that is something little children do." It totally worked and I laughed through the tears. It has been another amazing day of falling in love with James more and more every minute.

Soaking in all of the love, laughter, and sights of this wonderful place (and hopefully some sleep tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment