I am Fancy and I know it!

Friday, September 7, 2012

IMG_0954

This post comes to you from the train on my way home from work. As  mentioned in my previous post about the generosity of others during my time in MN, this blogging in motion is made possible by dear friends.

In a conversation with one of my bff’s prior to my trip back to MN, I had told her that I was still somewhat struggling to meet people in France and find ways to connect and create a social circle here. I have some wonderful coworkers but outside of work I haven’t been able to find avenues to meet people (besides James as I also don’t expect him to find me my own friends). We had talked about how the blog was really a good outlet for me and maybe through the blog I would find others in France feeling the same. During our chat I told her that I spend so much time on the train everyday and it would be the perfect use of time to blog, however I was going to need to look into getting a lightweight mini computer to really make that something easy and practical. So one of my shopping tasks while in the states was to check out my options and specifically netbooks.

Fast forward a few weeks and I am having coffee with the above mentioned bff. At the end of our coffee date she told me that her and her husband would like to help make it possible for me to get a netbook. This should have come as no surprise as she is one of my biggest life cheerleaders, but this act of generosity literally brought me to tears.

Thank you will never be enough, and if the blog doesn’t help me find one single friend here in France I still know I have the most amazing friends on the other side of the pond!!

No comments:

Post a Comment