Here’s to another year

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

 

Prior to leaving for my time in MN I completed the paperwork necessary to renew my visa. Given my experiences in the visa process in the past I wasn’t expecting for it to go very smoothly. I gathered all of the documents that were listed requirements and put a few others in just in case. James and I went to the prefecture office to submit my documents and request the renewal. To my total shock and amazement this was completely painless and we were out of there after about a 10 minute interaction. I was given a receipt that showed I had made the renewal request. This receipt served as proof of the renewal until my official visa was available to pick up (in case my current visa date expired).

While I was in MN, James got notice that the visa was ready to be picked up. The paper said it had to be done within 8 days. This was a slight problem as I wasn’t even going to be back in the country for 12 days. He went to the prefecture to discuss this and was told not to worry, that it would be available for up to one month.

Upon my return to France I went to the prefecture alone (am I getting brave or what ?), paid the required fee of 106 Euros (much less than the 340 Euros for my 1st visa), and was given my Carte de Sejour. Success! This officially means that I am allowed to stay and work in France for another year!

What do James and I decide to do to celebrate? Why go out for sushi of course!!! Totally French of us huh?

                                            IMG_0994

                                                   Here is a sampling of our yummy sushi!

                                             IMG_0993

                           Proudly showing off my Carte de Sejour outside of the Prefecture office!

                                   IMG_1008

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm not sure that celebrating with sushi is terribly French although the nonchalance of it is of course tres Francais! Janine

    ReplyDelete