Making the move tomorrow

Friday, September 30, 2011

Writing this post surrounded by boxes as the plan is to move to Chartres tomorrow (the city we plan to live in long term that is closer to Paris). This week we have spent a great deal of time packing and deciding what we are taking to Chartres now and what is going into storage for a short while as we will be staying with some family to start. This is the plan until I find a job and we can save our pennies to live in a castle, I heard those are pretty cheap in France.

For the most part this move is all positive, at least in my book. We will be in the city that we plan to live in which means I can try and put some roots down and invest in getting to know the city. I can unpack the suitcases I have been living out of for the past 3 weeks. There will be other people to interact with when James is working long days. And we will be closer to Paris with easy train access for all of the job interviews that will be presenting themselves.

Speaking of the job front, I have been submitting applications for positions teaching English or to nanny. While these are not my first choices (using all of that higher education), they will give me the opportunity to get my feet wet and hopefully start meeting people here. While applying for those positions I am still job hunting intensely to see what all of my options are and hope that something ends up being a good fit.

Feel free to send good vibes this way that the move is smooth sailing tomorrow (it should go great as there are friends enlisted to help, but let's be honest, this girl is sick of packing and moving)!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! i'm excited that you will finally get to unpack your suitcase:) what a great feeling! i feel like i'm living vicariously through your blog...life continues on in P.I. Canning and sewing...god we are getting old! have fun moving and getting a little organized(?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy that you are a bit more settled! Best of luck on the job front, you will charm the pants off of all that interview you. I am still chuckling about your cheesecake episode, it reminded me of when I tried to make chocolate chip cookies for my host family in Germany...I forgot the eggs! But they ate the terrible things anyway. :) We are sending good vibes and lots of love over the pond to you and James!

    ReplyDelete