Salted Caramel Cheesecake=AMAZING

Monday, October 22, 2012

Last weekend James was feeling under the weather with a nasty cold and thought that the magic cure would be if I made him a cheesecake. Cheesecake is a bit labor intensive and therefore it is typically reserved for special occasions but seeing as how it could be the next cure for a cold I was willing to give it a try.
If you have followed the blog for any amount of time you know that James LOVES cheesecake and I have had many trials of making cheesecake in France. From the beginning of trying to find real cream cheese, to what to make the crust from as graham crackers are non-existent here, to finding a spring form pan. Well I am proud to say I have come a LONG ways in this department and I truly think this is THE BEST cheesecake I have ever made. I went on the web in search of a new recipe and variety to those I had already made. When I came upon a recipe for Salted Caramel Cheesecake I knew that my search was complete.
The main recipe is from this site, with a few adaptations. I only added salt to the cream cheese filling part and then sprinkled some sea salt on top of the caramel when it was complete (didn’t add any salt when making the caramel). I also didn't find dulce de leche so just used a can of sweetened condensed milk.
In 1 weeks time I have made this twice, once for the cold cure and the other for some dinner guests this weekend. It is just as amazing the second time and I know that this is on the top of the family favorites list.
When you make it, because I know you will, please let me know if it makes it to your favorites list too!

No comments:

Post a Comment